Escalators and its Usages !
Escalators are an indispensable part of a mobile society. They keep people moving in virtually all areas of public life. An escalator is a conveyor transport device for transporting people, consisting of individual, linked steps that move up or down on tracks, which keep the treads horizontal. As a power-driven, continuous moving stairway designed to transport passengers up and down short vertical distances, escalators are used around the world to move pedestrian traffic in places where elevators would be impractical. In factories or industrial setting the high cost of escalator maintenance frequently outweighs the potential efficiency so this application is less common in these areas. The escalator system isn't nearly as good as an elevator at lifting people dozens of stories, but it is much better at moving people a short distance. This is because of the escalator's high loading rate. Once an elevator is filled up, you have to wait for it to reach its floor and return before anybody else can get on. On an escalator, as soon as you load one person on, there's space for another.
Principal areas of usage
- Department stores
- Shopping malls
- Transit systems
- Convention centers
- Hotels, and
- Public buildings.
Benefits of Escalators
- Capacity to move large numbers of people at a time
- Can be placed in the same physical space as one might install a staircase
- Can be used to guide people toward main exits or special exhibits
- Escalators have no waiting interval (except during very heavy traffic)
- Their harmonized designs for shopping malls, office buildings, hotels, and entertainment centers result is a streamlined appearance that can be incorporated more easily into a building?s design scheme.
- Modern designs take even less space than previous ones and allow for multiple applications with the same look, without the need for costly custom design.
- Noise and vibration levels are carefully monitored in test environments to ensure the smoothest, quietest ride possible. Enhanced noise reduction packages are used in extremely quiet applications.
- Excellent Ride Quality as New drive systems are aimed at improvement in ride quality in terms of both vibration and noise. Noise and vibration levels are carefully monitored in test environments to ensure the smoothest, quietest ride possible. Enhanced noise reduction packages are used in extremely quiet applications.